St. Edith Stein Honor Society
The St. Edith Stein Honor Society, like its secular counterparts, exists to promote excellence in scholarship and service; unlike its secular counterparts, the St. Edith Stein Honor Society encourages students in Christian leadership and the practice of the corporal and spiritual works of mercy. Its structure, project, and requirements are outlined in detail in its Constitution. (Must be a REGINA CAELI™ member to view. Please contact the main office if you would like a preview.)
Membership in the honor society is available to high school students at centers where there is an active adviser.
Members participate in one group service project per academic year; this project involves at least one corporal and one spiritual work of mercy. Each member will also complete 6 service hours in service projects of their own design or choosing. In those 6 hours, the students will practice at least 3 additional works of mercy. These service projects can include:
- visiting a homebound friend or relative
- raising money or goods for a charity: a pregnancy care center, soup kitchen, shelter, etc…
- volunteering to assist a religious order in their apostolate
- organizing a Rosary for Life
- helping with maintenance of a shrine, cemetery, or church
Membership is noted on Regina Caeli Academy high school transcripts.